domingo, 4 de julho de 2010

agree to disagree

His friend: Só, do you have a boyfriend?

She: No.

His friend: Why not?

She: ‘Cause I don’t want one.

His friend: Come on. I don’t believe that.

She: I don’t actually feel comfortable being anyone’s anything, you know….

His friend: I don’t know what you’re talking about

She: Really?

His friend: Nope.

She: Ok. Let me break it down for you.

His friend: Break it down,

She: I like to be on my own. Relationships are messy, and people’s feelings get hurt. Who needs it? You’re young. We live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Might as well have fun while we can and save the serious stuff for later.

His friend: Holy shit. You’re a dude. She’s a dude.

He: Ok, wait wait. What happens if you fall in love?

She: Well, you don’t believe that, do you?

He: It’s love. It’s not Santa Claus.

She: What does that word even mean? I’ve been in relationships, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen it.

He: Well, maybe that’s…

She: And most marriages end in divorce these days. Like my parents.

He: Mine too.

His friend: Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

She: The lady dothn’t. There’s no such thing as love. It’s a fantasy.

He: Well, I think you’re wrong.

She: Ok, well, what is that I’m missing then?

He: I think you know it when you feel it.

She: I guess we can just agree to disagree

He: Yeah.

--

Do filme "500 days with Summer".

Nenhum comentário: